Mind over all

I picked up a free postcard last night. It's one in a series of five postcards - mind, heart hand, eyes, body - which represented the five themes of the creation of fashion.

I thought how appropriate it was that I had received "mind", in terms of my approach to training and competing. In the creation of fashion, "mind" represents a source of knowledge and ideas. Not quite appropriate to the endurance athlete... so I got to wondering what the five themes of endurance sports might be. Maybe:

Mind - a the source of will and strength
Heart - the engine that drives the machine
Breath - an essential fuel, but sometimes, a meditation that comforts and endures
Legs - tools of the trade, propelling us forward
Body - the focus of our efforts, the sum of the parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment