It takes three weeks, right...

I've completed the first two weeks of what I can fairly honestly say is proper triathlon training.

I made a commitment about a month ago to train six times a week, and although I can't say I've achieved this, the last two weeks have definitely qualified as some form of training for triathlon
  • a run over 10ks
  • a long ride (or in today's case, a long WT due to rain)
  • a swim session
  • ... plus a couple of other bits and pieces each week.
I know, I've got a long way to go before I can feel confident that I've got an Ironman in me physically. But I figure by the time 2010 rolls around, I'll be doing 12k long runs and 80-100k long rides. An OD age grouper would be doing this at the peak of the training. A HIM athlete would be happy with this as a base for any endurance program.

Since it takes three weeks to form a habit... wish me luck to keep it up for Christmas week...

No comments:

Post a Comment