This last couple of weeks, I've done some of my best and worst training sessions, of this program, and perhaps ever. I've constructed perfect blog posts out there on the road, none of which have made their way to their rightful home.
Since my last blog post, I've
- done my longest ever training ride
- run 30ks before work (and rewarded myself with German Sausages for lunch. Thanks Matt!)
- been massaged to within an inch of my life
- had both my mental and physical well being saved by recovery week. (Man, I needed that so bad.)
It's just under five weeks to the big race. I'm on holidays from work and I'm looking forward to relaxing a little, and enjoying being able to just train for a couple of weeks, before tapering. As you can probably tell from list above, the hard work is in the bank. I can let my body recover for a bit now,
I won't make any promises, but I hope to also spend a little more time blogging. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to recreate some of the moments from the last few weeks. I hope But maybe I've got so much good stuff ahead, that I'll be busy just keeping up with what's to come:
- Riding the Alpe d'Huez triathlon bike course
- Chasing the Tour de France around the Alps and Pyrenees
- Quality time with friends and KKB
- Exploring the unknown
Wish me well, dear readers, and get ready for the ride.