Just because you've done it before, doesn't mean you don't have to train!

I am training for my third Ironman race, Western Australian Ironman in December this year. Well, maybe "training for" is a bit of a stretch... let's just say I've entered - I am the first to admit that I've been fairly lax about my training and the time for excuses is over! There are only 98 days to go until I have another chance at The Perfect Ironman...

I have been blaming the extra cold winter, flu season, and for the last week, I've even been able to blame RAIN of all things! But in the last couple of days I've come to realise that there's a part of me that thinks nothing can stop me in an Ironman race! Of course that's not true. If I do the work, then yes, nothing can stop me... so now's the time to buckle down and start doing the work.

If my past experiences at Ironman are anything to go by, it will be more than worth it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Yippee, my favourite athletic powerhouse finally has a blog. Looking forward to following your progress :-)

    ReplyDelete