14 weeks to go.... JFT!

So with 14 weeks to go I'm ramping it up. I've even started swimming.

I have a much more relaxed attitude towards my preparation for Challenge Cairns. It remains to be seen whether this is a good thing or a bad thing.
My coach is taking on a traditional coach role - providing a roadmap of training and helping to keep me on track. What I do on a day to day basis though, is up to me to set and achieve.

I've been a lone trainer for a little while now, and I'm lining up for iron-distance race number five. Let's be really honest here - I've started to have my own opinions on how I should train and what works for me. In theory, all I really need is this overseeing type coach. Right?

Well, I guess we'll see. In the meantime, it's all go. JFT: just f*&%ing train!

This week's schedule:
Strength efforts on the bike - done
Swim - done
Long run - postponed until tomorrow due to rain
Recovery ride - hmmm... will I get this in now?
Water run - Friday
Swim/bike or Swim/run - Saturday
Long ride - 150ks Sunday

Wish me luck. And come and join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment