Going for Gold

I had a disappointing weekend off the bike, I felt unwell and not up to three hours on the wind trainer with my training buddies. But today I was back into it with my usual Tuesday session of a strength mag trainer session and short run off the bike.

After an hour and a half or so on the mag trainer, I don't quite know what comes over me. It might only be a kilometre run out and back, but it's a brutal kilometre uphill and I attack it like a madman.

These last couple of weeks as I've bolted up the street gasping for breath I've had flashbacks from the The Coolangatta Gold... the scene where Joss McWilliam's character does his secret squirrel training in a banana plantation. He sprints up this massive hill, ducking and weaving through banana trees like a prize fighter...
...which kind of begs the question - why this scene and not the famous scene from Rocky, where he runs up the stairs triumphantly? Surely it would make better reading on The Triathlete Chronicles... does anyone who's reading this even remember The Coolangatta Gold?

Off the top of my head I can think of a three good reasons...
  1. I've never actually seen Rocky
  2. Joss McWilliam is hotter than Sly
  3. Most people think Ironman means surf life saving anyway, so why the hell not!
And... "Going for Gold" has quite a ring to it, and the perfect title for a blog post! Then again, maybe I've got "Rocks in my Head"...

No comments:

Post a Comment