Not another one!

Yes, another picture of the Glasshouse Mountains... (yawn...)

I couldn't resist stopping to take this on Sunday's long ride. Mt Coonowrin is one of the most remarkable and distinctive of the Glasshouse Mountains and I was surprised at how close it was when I rounded a corner somewhere on Old Gympie Road.

The ride itself - 144ks from Petrie through Dayboro, Mt Mee, D'Aguilar, Woodford, Peachester, Beerwah and back through Caboolture and Narangba to Petrie. A couple of nice climbs and, at the bottom of Mt Mee, a pinchy climb that, I was told "is more like a punch really...".

It was a bit full on but with a warning like that I was expecting something killer...

Although it was a long day, it was a good guide as to how the big day in France is going to feel, though I suspect France's ride will be a little more vertical...

No comments:

Post a Comment