TDU - Stage 4 KOM at Fox Creek Road

The atmosphere had been so good on the hill climbs all week we decided to head out to the SKODA King of the Mountain climb at Fox Creek Road. KKB brought his bike - having already preempted Stage Six's Montefiore Hill, and ridden each of the three in the stages completed so far.

I'd borrowed a decent camera from a friend, so was keen to try my hand at getting some action shots up the hill, and was happy just to spectate today.

I chatted two Lance fans who were showing their allegiance by taunting him with StillerStrong headbands. They'd made a large Texas flag in the red and grey of Radio Shack and yellow and black of Livestrong.


Before too long, the caravan arrived with the freebies. Having found last year's TDU promo gear in my suitcase when I went to pack for this year's trip, I was determined to be selective, and was happy with a BMC water bottle.

Soon after, the riders came through, with Milram's Thomas Rohregger again breaking away to claim maximum points. Team BMC Columbia still dominated the peleton, protecting Andre Greipel's ochre jersey.



No comments:

Post a Comment