World record holder. I guess.

I swam a couple of shifts at swim4kids this last week. Even with limited swimming in the last little while, it was too good an opportunity to pass up.



Swim4kids was an attempt to set a world record for the longest (in time) continuous swimming relay. It started last Friday morning and finished on Wednesday afternoon. It was also a fundraiser to purchase equipment for the Royal Childrens Hospital and to purchase equipment to help disabled kids get into the water and swim.

I swam two, 30 minute shifts and both times swam 1,200. Nothing special I know.

Now, I don't actually know whether I'll officially be named as a world record holder.

Come to think of it, I don't know whether as a group we successfully set a world record, or whether it's been officially recognised by whoever it is that recognises world records.

I don't know if anyone will tell me if we did.

It doesn't really matter. It's not every day you get a chance to set a world record. It was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment