Not just about me

I'm racing a team at Coomera Half Ironman tomorrow. I'm swimming and running, and my boyfriend KKB is cycling.

The team concept in triathlon is an interesting one. It helps many get their first start in triathlon - apparently Emma Snowsill's first outing at a triathlon was a swim leg at the Noosa Triathlon ... it didn't do her any harm did it!

KKB and I have never done a team triathlon together. We compete together a lot, but usually as individuals at mostly the same races.

With Busselton IM looming tomorrow is really a training run, so I guess we both have our individual goals to achieve. But without each other we're both looking at our first DNF... looking at it that way, tomorrow is just as much about each other as ourselves.

And that thought is kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment