So, I've got my equipment list from Monday's info night. Although Andy hadn't stipulated any mandatory race gear, I thought about what I would need and should carry with me. And then, figure out how to carry it all...
- Mountain bike and helmet
- Flat pedals
- Running shoes and socks
- Appropriate race attire - tri shorts and Phoenix Adventure jersey (a bit of flattery can't hurt can it?) as well as buff/hat, glasses, sunscreen, etc.
- Stationery - pencils and eraser, permanent marker, highlighters, small notebook
- Map case - or an improvised zip lock bags and cardboard
- Zip ties could come in handy
- Nutrition - Camelbak, electrolyte drink, energy bars, GUs
- Extra ziplock bags for waterproofing items if required
So with all this planning, surely I couldn't fail...!