If you fail to plan...

So now my next challenge is getting ready for tomorrow's big finale - an adventure race through the suburbs surrounding the Indooroopilly Canoe Club.

So, I've got my equipment list from Monday's info night. Although Andy hadn't stipulated any mandatory race gear, I thought about what I would need and should carry with me. And then, figure out how to carry it all...
  • Mountain bike and helmet
  • Flat pedals
  • Spares
  • Running shoes and socks
  • Appropriate race attire - tri shorts and Phoenix Adventure jersey (a bit of flattery can't hurt can it?) as well as buff/hat, glasses, sunscreen, etc.
  • Stationery - pencils and eraser, permanent marker, highlighters, small notebook
  • Map case - or an improvised zip lock bags and cardboard
  • Zip ties could come in handy
  • Nutrition - Camelbak, electrolyte drink, energy bars, GUs
  • Extra ziplock bags for waterproofing items if required
I didn't worry about the waterproof jacket or first aid kit that are regularly stipulated as mandatory equipment by race organisers. I did take a whistle, though it wasn't the pea-less kind usually recommended; but would have to borrow a compass from Andy.

So with all this planning, surely I couldn't fail...!

No comments:

Post a Comment