Try, try again

So, tonight's session at the Kangaroo Point cliffs. Strength and agility.

They've never been my strong points so I spent a lot of time this afternoon psyching myself up for what I thought would be a terribly embarrassing experience.

Like most things that you make yourself do under duress, it didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought it might have been. In fact, if Andy runs any more of these sessions, I'll probably go back.

It's not that I love lunges; and I certainly didn't discover a previously untapped talent for balance. Although I have trained on the stairs at the Kangaroo Point cliffs, I've never made myself run them.

But that's just the point. I dreaded these things. I would never make myself do them, even though, deep down, I know they're good for me. I'm not 100% sure that you can learn things like balance, but I am sure that I'll never know unless I work at it.

So it's off to bed. The Athletic Powerhouse has an early rise and logistical hell day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment