Five from my iPod that are made for Ironman

If you read my last blog post you might be wondering about my musical taste.

At the end of this one, well, I have to be honest, you might still be. But if you're new to my ramblings here you might also get an insight into what goes through my head with this whole Ironman thing. Maybe.

We're at least getting warmer, with today's post being about five songs that will always bring me back to Ironman.

Opportunity - Pete Murray

This was my theme song for my first Ironman, Port Macquarie in 2006.  I honestly believed my second chance would never come along - I didn't even know whether I'd get through that first one. So the tentative nature of this song was really perfect for this race.



Beautiful Day - U2

I've always really liked this song. They played it at the start of Ironman New Zealand in 2007 and for me, it sums race day up. "What you don't have you don't need it now, what you don't know you can feel somehow."





The Pretender - Foo Fighters

Ironman Western Australia, Busselton 2007. I finally felt at one with being an Ironman - I was no longer a Pretender.

And besides. This song just rocks. How can it not get you amped?




The Distance - Cake

A song written for the back of the pack crowd. "The sun has gone down and the moon has come up, and long ago somebody left with the cup."



Fix You - Coldplay

Lights do guide me home at Ironman. Every time. And in some way - probably not in a normal way - Ironman has fixed me.



So what's your poison? Have you ever chosen a theme song for an event and what was it?

2 comments:

  1. Great songs! Really enjoying this series of blogs. Will have to look over my playlists and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bron. Yes, please do get back to me!

    ReplyDelete